Data Execution Prevention and IE problem
about a week ago the problem started ..
whenever i close certain webpages, facebook in particular (happens with facebook quite frequently, but not every time), i get the "internet explorer is not responding" message ..
or something like that ..
i get through it all the message comes up from the tray about DEP
sometimes it also closes the page while im using it ..
it also happens on other pages at what seems to be random times, facebook being the only one i see that it happens to regularly ..
when it closes the webpage, the tab itself does not close, but it takes
me to an error page
ive run several antivirus/antispyware (all came up clean)
can someone explain what is going on ..
i guess it really only get in the way when it does close the page and takes me to the error page, but its pretty annoying still when it does it after i close the page myself so can someone also explain how to fix it
Anwsers to the Problem Data Execution Prevention and IE problem
Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Community Forums.
Internet explorer may be using Add-ons that might be giving you this error message.
I first thing you should try is run Internet explorer in no add-ons mode.
Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer:
What is DEP?
Do not change without learning what it is.
To turn Off Data Execution Prevention for a program:
1) Click 'Start' and click 'Control Panel'.
2) Click 'System and Maintenance'.
3) Click 'System'.
4) Click 'Advanced system settings'.
5) Click the 'Continue' button.
6) In the 'Performance' section, click the 'Settings' button.
7) Click the 'Data Execution Prevention' tab.
8) Select the 'Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select' option.
9) Clear the appropriate check box next to the program to turn off DEP.
There is also known issue with other third party programs which might cause Internet Explorer to fail, to find the program, you might have to try a clean boot to find out which third party program is causing the messenger to crash.
steps below for clean boot procedures.
You can also try doing a system restore to a point when the Internet explorer was working fine.
To restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, follow these steps:
Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next.
The computer restarts, and the system files and settings are returned to the state that they were in at the time that the restore point was created.
Click on the link below for more information on system restore
System Restore: frequently asked questions
Hope the above information helps.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forumhttp://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads/
and let us know what you think.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Data Execution Prevention and IE problem:
How to Fix Data Execution Prevention and IE problem with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 184.108.40.206059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.220.127.116.11 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.18.104.22.168,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Deleted HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Session Manager\\Memory Management\\PrefetchParameters on accident [Anwsered],Troubleshooting:cut and paste will not work after windows update,Fast Solution to Error: Desktop lost ability to function after computer \"sleeps\",Troubleshooter of Error: Data Validation issues with % format - Excel 2007,Dell Laptop Latitude \/ D610 I\/O error has occured Dtatus : 0xcoooe9 Tech Support