DCOM error 10016 in event viewer / windows 7 home premium, 64bit
I get this error :
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC).
This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
This error shows up every time I start or reboot my PC.
I found out the CLSID is from the IPBusEnum service.
I get the same error in my other windows 7 PC as well.
It startet around april 2011...I assume it has to do with some microsoft updates.
What I did so far:
I went into component services and tried to change security settings for IPBusEnum...but everything is grayed out.
I went into registry and changed ownership and permission for this key....still greyed out!
I added NETWORK SERVICE in component service/my computer/properties and gave full permission to everything....still greyed out!
I went into services and changed the status of PnP-X IP Bus..
to Manual so it wouldn't start...still get the error.
I changed service to Automatic...and error went away...but the service changes back to the initial status of Automatic/delayed start after every reboot.
Before the SP1 update the service was set to Manual...I don't know why it is on auto/delay now.
I think I tried every solution I could find online, but for me somehow nothing works....
Anybody has the same proplem and found a fix?
Solutions to the Problem DCOM error 10016 in event viewer / windows 7 home premium, 64bit
Unfortunately, the link you provided doesn't solve the problem entirely.
(It's also for Windows XP.
Is there an equivalent Windows 7 article?) It misses the key problem the OP has (and I had)...
"I went into component services and tried to change
security settings for IPBusEnum...but everything is grayed out."
The following is what I had to do before I could grant permissions to the COM component:
1. Make sure you’re logged on as an administrator.
2. Click Start, type regedit in the Search bar, then click regedit.exe
3. In the Registry Editor, press CTRL-F, type 344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B and click “Find Next”.
4. The first result is located in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\.
This is the key we need.
5. Right-click the key 344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B in the left sidebar, and then press “Permissions…”
6. We first have to change the ownership of the key.
The current owner is TrustedInstaller.
We have to change the owner to Administrators.
Therefor, click Advanced.
Then go to the tab Owner, select Administrators, check the box “Replace owner on subcontainers
and objects” and press OK.
7. Now that we have changed the ownership to ourself (member of the Administrators group), we can change the permissions on the registry key.
In the Permissions window, grant Administrators AND SYSTEM Full Control permissions.
Then click OK to confirm the
In these 8 steps, we have granted the Administrators and SYSTEM account full permissions to the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B.
8. Verify that in this key, the value of LocalService is IPBusEnum
9. Click Start, type Component in the Search box, and then click Component Services
10. In the Component Services window, go to Computers –> My Computer –> DCOM Config.
Right-click IPBusEnum and click Properties.
11. Go to the tab Security.
In the Launch and Activate permissions section, select Customize and click Edit.
12. Select SYSTEM, select the permissions checkbox “Local Launch”.
Then click OK to apply the change.
Credit for this solution goes to
In this method we will try to Boot in Safe mode with Networking and see if the error still persists.
- Search "MSCONFIG" and Open.
- Click on Boot Tab
- Tick Safe Boot in Boot Option
- Select Network.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Reboot your System.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: DCOM error 10016 in event viewer / windows 7 home premium, 64bit:
How to Fix DCOM error 10016 in event viewer / windows 7 home premium, 64bit with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 220.127.116.11059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.18.104.22.168 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.22.214.171.124,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Delete \"bing\",Troubleshoot:Deleting a Windows 7 back up file which is saying it is in use Error,Fast Solution to Problem: debug error mesage,Fast Solution to Error: Delete Malware \"Fraud.Fastdisk\",Cut down Win 7 after System Image restore to new HDD