Automatic period/full stop at the end of a footnote?
I was not sure whether to post this here or in the "Microsoft Office Customization and Programming"....
Anyhow I have a lot of footnote is my work (more than 1000).
And on the end of every footnote there should be a period/full stop.
However, sometimes you forget them and even if you review the footnotes you might miss some of them.
Furthermore, it takes a lot of time to look at all these footnotes.
Hence, I was wondering whether there is a way how I can make sure that at every end of the footnote is a period/full stop?
Anwsers to the Problem Automatic period/full stop at the end of a footnote?
You could use a macro which goes over all your footnotes, checks if the last character is some punctuation character, and if not, adds a period.
So something along the following lines:
Dim f As Footnote
Dim c As String
For Each f In ActiveDocument.Footnotes
c = Selection.Characters.Last
If c <> "." And c <> "!" And c <> "?" Then
For more information on installing macros, see
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Automatic period/full stop at the end of a footnote?:
How to Fix Automatic period/full stop at the end of a footnote? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Troubleshoot:At what point in time did Microsoft COMPLETELY lose touch with its customers?,Troubleshooting:Backup and Restore Center: The last file backup did not complete successfully. 0x80070005,[Anwsered] Auto complete Option Doesn't work,Autochk not found - skipping autochk (xp) [Anwsered],Fast Solution to Error: At every startup I am getting RunDLL error. msitky32.dll,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?