Wednesday, August 10, 2016

How to Fix Problem - Battery and processor problems in Windows 7 64-bit?

Battery and processor problems in Windows 7 64-bit

Hello all, I have clean-installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit two days ago and I am having poor performance.
I checked my WEI score and noticed that RAM and Processor had low scores.
So I got drivers and updates from websites.
I installed Intel Processor
Identification Utility too, where I found out that my processor speed was automatically becoming lower.
Sometimes, the speed would become normal, but usually it would be lower than the rated speed of 2 Ghz.
 
So I did a powercfg report where I found that PCI Express Active-State Power Management was managing my processor speed.
I tried to disable it from power options but that didn't work.
 
Now I have realized that the clock speed management is to conserve battery life and lower temperatures.
Oddly, when my notebook fan is off, the speed becomes normal at 2 Ghz.
 
So I recommend that all of you do a powercfg report and download Intel PUI.
Also, in power options, I recommend that you set LSPM (under PCI Express) to off in Plugged-In mode.
Set the min.
processor rate to 100% in Plugged-In mode too.
 
Yet, my WEI score for processor is only 3.7 and RAM is only 4.0.
However, I had >5 scores for the same in Windows Vista 32-bit, so now I am confused.
FYI, I have a Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 with 2.0 Ghz speed, 667 Mhz Bus speed, and 2 MB L2 Cache and
4 GB DDR2 RAM.

Is there any way to disable ASPM completely? I don't mind losing out on power saving since most of the time, my notebook is on AC power.

Also, my battery which used to last around two hours in Vista, now lasts only an hour.
Why?

Keys to the Problem Battery and processor problems in Windows 7 64-bit

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Hello umangs94,
Thank you for posting on Microsoft Answers Forums.
Here is a good article on Optimizing Windows 7 for better performance
 
 
As far as your power settings, change your plan to high performance. 
See if that helps first.
 
Here is a good read on how Windows 7 WEI was engineered. 
There have been some changes to it, from vista.
 
If after going to the troubleshooters you still experience performance issues, please come back and post. 
Important information to give, would be if you have any critical events under the reliability monitor (start>search type “Reliability Monitor” hit enter). 
If you do, what are they and when?
 
For additional info you can also refer to my
sticky.
 
 
I hope this answers your questions, if you require further assistance please come back and post, we are more than happy to help you out.
 
 
Regards,

Edgar
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
The processor is less of a problem now, but the battery lasts only an hour which can be a big problem sometimes.
I don't get it; Windows 7 was supposed to increase battery life, however, I get only half of what I used to in Vista.

The processor is less of a problem now, but the battery lasts only an hour which can be a big problem sometimes.
I don't get it; Windows 7 was supposed to increase battery life, however, I get only half of what I used to in Vista.

UPDATE: I use a program called BatteryBar to monitor my battery life, since the OS cannot do the same.

UPDATE 2: I used the computer on battery for a few minutes and the battery life jumped to two hours.

Make Sure that your Hardware Meets the System Requirements

You need to double-check your computer's hardware configuration against the following Microsoft requirements. If your computer hardware is not up to par, then make sure you upgrade where necessary before continuing:

Microsoft Windows Requirements :

  • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

If your computer meets the minimum requirements above, then continue on…

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Battery and processor problems in Windows 7 64-bit:

How to Fix Battery and processor problems in Windows 7 64-bit with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related: Autologon and AutoLogonCount Parameters for Windows Unattended Setup Error Fixer,How To Resolve Cyberbit Unicode Font Does Not Return Correct Charset Problem,How To Use the Office Profile Wizard to Create an OPS File in Office XP Error Fixer,Error Sys Msg 22 Invalid period, please reenter. in MC in 4.x Solution,Why am I Getting a Upgrades from 3.01 to 3.60 or 3.01 to 3.70 Involving Serial Numbers and Revaluations Are Overstating the Valuation Entries on the Purchases Error?,How Can I Fix - Error 16389?,How to Fix - Internetopen?,Mcafee Virus Scan Online,How Can I Fix - Qos Packet Scheduler Failed?,Solution to Problem: Windows 2000 Boot Repair,How to Fix ashoutxt.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix cxcore096.dll Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,msde.dll Corrupted - How to Resolve,psizewizres.dll Corrupted - How to Fix,How to Download ASUS XGI Compatible Super VGA Driver Package Version R1.13.00/Driver Version 6.14.10.1130 for Windows XP 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Server 2003 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Vista 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Server 2008 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows 7 32/64 bit(WHQL),Window,Download NeoMagic® MagicMedia 256AVP Display Adapter Driver,Download NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64,How to Update Realtek ALC850 AC'97 Driver V5.10.0.5900 WHQL for Windows 2000/XP/2003 & 64bit XP/2003.,How to Update Realtek LAN V6.203.0214.2008,Microsoft.PowerShell.GraphicalHost.dll Error Code Fixer
,Fix Error Code Netapi32 (4).dll
,Qa_auth_client.dll Error Code Fixer
,Fix Error Code Tdc (3).ocx
,Vwipxspx.dll Error Code Fixer
,Way to Download Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q832 Intel Wireless LAN Driver v.12.4.1.11.0.s64_wCAT,Download Toshiba Satellite C650D-ST6N02 Assist Utility v.4.2.3.0 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L645-S4026RD Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640202 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite L755-S9511D Assist Utility v.4.2.3.1 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 Fingerprint Utility v.2.0.0001.000408 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: Bing Bar and Silverlight fouled up and why is not activation code no longer good?,[Solution] base score,Troubleshoot:Black screen on Windows 7 Startup,[Solution] BLACK SCREEN ON DELL INSPIRON WHILE POWER IS STILL ON,How to Fix - baixar mfc.100dll?

No comments:

Post a Comment