administrator cannot save files in Program files directory
When trying to install programs, including printer drivers, I am denied the ability to save to the Program Files directory - contact administrator. All we have are administrator user accounts. Why don't I have rights to save to this directory? How do
I fix this? thanks
Anwsers to the Problem administrator cannot save files in Program files directory
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: administrator cannot save files in Program files directory:
How to Fix administrator cannot save files in Program files directory with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How to Fix Problem - Aero stopped working and now does not appear?,Troubleshoot:after install a new hard drive my 8 gb of memory only shows 4 gb Error,How Can I Fix - Address Bar drop-down function?,How to Fix - Adding duplicate value in registry?,How to Resolve - after a power failure vista will not boot nor can I boot from cd as drivers will not load?,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded